Definition: Social Media Marketing is a synergic project which means two or more than two people work on a platform, creating blogs and microblogs for written the content, uploading videos on YouTube. It helps in increasing the brand values and sales of the product by advertising.
Social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook is widely used; we generally think creating a post on them is social marketing. Still, its main aim is not limited to this; the companies can utilize these platforms for recruitment purposes.
It reduces the cost of the companies which they have to bear for paying commission to other recruiting companies.
Companies having various branches outside India also uses it as a communication tool for video conferencing through Skype, hangout without any charges, which reduces the cost of the company.
- 5 Essential pillars of social media marketing
- Difference between Organic and Paid Marketing
- Benefits of social media marketing
5 Essential Pillars of Social Media Marketing
- Strategy: For the success of your marketing, the approach should be appropriately framed, such as finding clients, signing them and then getting results from them, what tools to be used, should be adequately recognised in advance.
- Publishing: Publishing content is as easy as posting blogs in your social media pages, but before that, in-depth and analytical research is required to know the interest of the audience searches.
- Engagement and listening: If your product is eye-catching and relevant to the audience, they will show more interest in your blog and may ask queries through comments. To make your audience engaged with your content, you should read and reply to the relevant queries; this will build up the trust of the audience in your posts and encourages them to come again on your page.
- Analysis: Timely analysis of your social media marketing is a must to compare the reach of the audience to your content from last month to this month. Use of your brand hashtags in their social media and the number of positive and negative mentions got in your content should be analysed to improve them.
- Advertisement: Advertising in social media increases the number of audience by generating ads for your product in between the posts. It can be free or paid method of promoting your brand and products on social media. The targeted audience gets selected according to their searches and interests. It helps to increase the sale of your product via social media.
Difference between Organic and Paid Marketing
- Organic marketing: Content post on your social media without investing money is known as organic marketing. In the last few years, it has noticed that there is a decline in organic social media marketing because of the increase in the number of contents.
- Paid marketing: Social media channels like Instagram, Facebook demands charges for promoting the pages to the desired audience on their platform. They choose the audience to show the ads according to their search interest and the plan selected by you in which they offer the audience and time limit for the ads published.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- Brand awareness: Investing few hours in social media marketing and engaging a wider audience in your site, intensely increases the brand recognition of your products and services because of its human psychology that Customer creates trust easily on the most recognised brands.
- Higher conversion rate: Social media platforms have higher chances of converting the customers visiting your website to the fruitful customers. However, increased visibility of your business brings more opportunities to fascinate customers on your website.
- Customer satisfaction: Customers are the king of the market and to acknowledge Customers, they should get personal responses to their queries rather than the automated messages. They must feel that you take care of their needs and provide efficient services and proper feedback from your end, it increases your brand value.
- Cost-Effective: It is more efficient to invest in social media marketing rather than other marketing tactics because it is a much cheaper and effective technique of marketing. It has an option of free marketing as well as paid marketing despite it paid marketing is more affordable than other expensive marketing.
- Promoting Products and Services: Promoting the product is the main motto of any marketing approach amongst all social media marketing. It has become the most productive and covers the larger audience at a lower cost and is the easiest way to promote your products and services.
- Retarget customers: Customers satisfied with products and services creates a trust over your brand, for the success of your business it should always be kept in mind that customers are the treasure of the company and their faith should forever remain on your brand, retargeting those customers also becomes easier
Along with them, those who do a regular search of related products and services should be targeted according to their needs.
- Increase website traffics: Increase in the awareness of your brand also increases the website traffic of your site. Social media marketing assists the customers about your product and services and brings them directly to your website through links.
Although Social media platforms have colossal traffic now -a- days, you have to be a smart marketer to survive in a market and increase your website’s traffic.
- Tracking competitors: For getting success, it is most important to keep an eye on your competitors for which social media marketing helps us to understand the tactics used by the competitors.
Learning from your competitors is always beneficial for your business as it will help you to perform better than them because they are also working with a motto of earning profit. To maintain your customers, you have to adopt some out of the box tactics far better than your competitors.
At last, it’s concluded that social media marketing is the most efficient and easiest tactic of marketing in today’s world as it covers the significant segment of the audience especially the youth who are highly involved in social media networks.
Although it also increases the fierce competition in the market because customers get choices for buying products and services and smart buyers compare the products and prices from various sites. Thus your marketing should be of a level that Customer doesn’t feel like to go on other websites.